THE ANO: The Syntopia’s Roof Garden
The Ano roof garden at The Syntopia is the spot to catch the sun setting over the Cretan Sea. There is plenty of room to sip on craft cocktails and other libations while soaking in the breeze and the unhindered marine views stretching on the horizon when the warm hues of golden hour wash over the waves and the golden sands of the beach.
Indeed, The Ano is not just a rooftop bar: it is a garden with elegant palms swaying in the wind and exotic plants neatly adding pops of green among furnishings made of wood and natural, organic fabrics. It’s a creative hub in biophilic design, filled with positive energy to enable an ethereal connection with nature.
The centerpiece of the garden is the pool, flanked by palm trees. Here, you can take a refreshing dip or relax by listening to the water and soaking in the sun.
From the seating area at the bar to the comfy matrasses and sun loungers around the pool, every nook in The Ano roof garden fosters a space for deep introspection, well-being, and meditation. Then, of course, you can also come here to unwind, have a liquid refreshment and a light snack, or even smoke shisha – and we have a wide selection of flavors, including all the classic favorites and more unusual blends that elevate the tobacco to a whole new level.
Bohemian and romantic without being distracting, the roof garden at The Syntopia is another space where the Syntopians will find the ideal conditions to reconnect with nature and embrace the authentic Cretan culture. In line with The Syntopia philosophy, The Ano is a stage for the things that nurture your soul. Here you can finally allow time to stand still while you enjoy carefree moments under the naked sky, leaving your worries behind.
You can make The Ano your favorite Syntopian destination whenever you like:
- Come to enjoy coffee, tea, and spellbinding views after you have had your breakfast.
- When you need to cool off, take a dip in the roof garden’s elegant pool.
- Try something new, like smoking hookah that perfumes the air with exotic fragrances.
- Connect with the Cretan nature taking in the breeze and the sunshine while sipping an artisan cocktail or a premium libation.
- Spend a couple of hours losing yourself in the pages of one of the books we recommend for your summer reading or just napping in the hammock.
- Disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the outside world and spend nurturing moments in deep meditation.
- Once in a while, appreciate quality live entertainment that adds a touch of magic to your Cretan nights.
Like all other public spaces at The Syntopia, The Ano is a Zen-like garden with rustic accents here and there, wooden pergolas, exotic foliage, and palms, all creating a truly romantic setting regardless of the time of the day you choose to come here, and even more so when the sun sets and we turn on the twinkling evening lights.